the sun didn't come out today in AZ, and it meant two things:
1. my bed was abnormally cozy (as it always is during overcast weather) and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth before i could peel myself out of it
2. no sun means clouds and no clouds means rain and rain means...
this fine pair of galoshes entered my life one unsuspecting afternoon as i wandered the aisles of my local wally-mart (welly-mart?). i spied them hidden in the back of a corner shelf, all coated in a thick layer of dust (for serious) with a neon $5 price sticker stuck haphazardly on the toe.
and they were my size.
i proceeded to wonder three things:
1. were these divinely placed here, just for me?
2. and if so, does that mean there is dust in heaven?
3. or maybe, just maybe, these navy-blue rain boots were simply part of an overstock supply of footwear originally intended for the actual walmart employees to wear while they worked on the docks and stuff.
whatever it is, i'm not complaining.
(almost as good of a story as the tale of my chinese overalls, but not quite.)