And trust me, I did really need one come Friday at 5pm. Here are a few reasons why this weekend did not disappoint in the "forget your troubles and be a free bird" department...
1. I finally went grocery shopping. And the feast was bounteous. Also, I stopped eating dairy in addition to being gluten-free. You'll get a whole post on that soon, don't worry.
2. Glitter toes, 'nuff said.
3. The boring white lamp became a magical blue & burlap lamp. Thank you, spray paint and hot glue.
4. My nephew turned 7 on friday, so naturally I had to school him in the ways of cheap arcades. Once again, proving that Aunt Katie's still got it.
5. Went to see Jurassic Park 3D with my little sisters. I was reminded of two truths: 3D still makes me cross-eyed, and Jurassic Park still scares the jelly beans outta me.
6. I fed my soul on much goodness from the LDS General Conference. Below are a few of my favorite snippets from the weekend, a la me pretending I'm good at doodling but really I just write in cursive sometimes and call it artistic.
What magical adventures did YOUR weekend hold?
p.s. Thanks for all the sweet support about me sending my book to a publisher! You guys are the bomb.com and don't you ever forget it!