Tuesday, February 10, 2009
In honor of turning 22....
I have decided to write a blog about myself.
Hence, 22 things you may or may not know about little ol' me!
1. Food is a matter of texture for me. I cannot eat regular macaroni noodles...but shapes are okay.
2. Speaking of food, when I know what I like at a restaurant I almost always order it. I rarely branch out. I like to think I'm good at commitment :)
3. I didn't start wearing high heels until summer 2008 because I was too self-conscious. My awkward stage occupied about 4/5 of my life thus far.
4. I remember details easily. I usually know more about people than they think I do.
5. I love my straight teeth. But my bottom teeth aren't straight...retainer broke long ago.
6. When I was like 11 I wanted to grow up to be an orchestra conductor for deaf children. I'm not sure how this was going to work....I think I wanted to start a revolution. Yay ambition...
7. I dislike things I'm not good at the first time I try them (e.g. driving stick...)
8. When I think about being a mom I get really excited about little things...like writing notes on lunch napkins and blowing bubbles in the backyard.
9. I'm "creative" when I follow recipes. Exact measurements are not common, and I rarely set the timer on the oven.
10. I really love Mike and Ikes. I like to sort them between the Mikes and the Ikes.
11. I hate watermelon but I like watermelon-flavored candy/slushies, etc. I love grapes but I hate anything grape flavored.
12. I have a weakness for both Christian soul music (think Nicole Mullen) and hip hop (except for when it's dirty...) I'm also one of those people who dances to my ipod while i'm sitting in the library. I also believe that singing (loudly) in the car heals the soul.
13. I REALLY love weddings/receptions. I have my entire wedding planned out....colors, activities, food, dress, etc. I feel kind of like young J-Lo in "The Wedding Planner." You may start calling me Katie from the Block.
14. Favorite holidays: 4th of July, my birthday, and Valentine's Day.
15. I own a LOT of clothes. Maybe too many? Reason: I love to shop, and I haven't grown out of any of my clothing in about 8 years. Luckily I also hate spending a lot of money on things, so all my clothing is straight from secondhand stores or sale racks.
16. I love it when other people are in love. I'm the best to tell stories to because I get really excited and clap my hands and squeal a lot.
17. Group games that involve improv acting make me really shy. I kind of hate them. I also hate hide-and-go-seek in the dark.
18. I shave my legs almost every day (I'm really not sure why. I just do it.)
19. I adore writing notes to people and leaving them around the house/on cars/at workplaces/hiding in scriptures, etc.
20. I cry easily and often. About being happy or being sad. Or whatever. Who knows why?
21. I have about 32 different laughs. Sometimes I cackle, sometimes I squeak, sometimes it's average. I can't control this phenomenon or predict it. It's particularly interesting when a laugh bursts out of me during church. I just can't help it or explain it.
22. I love best friends. "Acquaintance" is a strange relationship for me...I'd rather be best friends with everyone. I care a whole lot about other people.
Well that's about it....I think some of those numbers turned into like 4 things at once....so maybe we're all set til I'm like 30, right?
Not yet, please:)