so, today is small business saturday.
you can read more about that here.
you know, i've always wanted to start a small business.
but there's always that nasty little problem of financing such dreams.
but if i could pick just one thing and run with it?
i would open a nook.
you know, a coffee shop type place.
essential elements of my nook:
- mismatched furniture
- many, many books to peruse
- scholarly bearded people, laughing jovially
- signs that instruct people to laugh jovially or not at all
- little tables with handmade goods for sale from other dreamers
- yoga in the mornings, even if my body isn't very stretchy and i just have to watch
- is it creepy to watch other people do yoga?
- local musicians performing at night
- my meggles could sell cupcakes, because she's good at those
- it would always smell like pumpkin spice candles, always always
yes, i even have a killer name picked out for my nook.
but i can't tell you, because what if you are an angry troll and you want to steal my idea?
harry potter taught me a lot about angry trolls.
what kind of small business would YOU open?