it's somebody's 29th beeday!
no, not that guy's.
but it is hers:
29 reasons why i love my mandysister...
1. she is really really funny
2. she's my best texting friend. much evidence here.
3. she always does great things with her hair
4. she's an amazing mother & i have much to learn from her
5. she's a very, very talented writer
6. she can sing like nobody's business
7. that one time she spat water at the dentist
8. the fact that i know the word "spat" just made her think of the word "shat" (sorry, um, censor...)
9. she ALWAYS remembers inside jokes & movie quotes ("YOUR SIZE")
10. she was the sole witness to that one time i got stuck in a laundry hamper
11. she rescued me from said laundry hamper
12. she always thinks my jokes are funny.
13. she's braver than she thinks
14. she loves her hubby very much & is always serving him
15. she always remembers my important events & asks me about them
16. she'll always read my really long emails about boys/life without skimming
17. she always sends me long, thought-out responses to said emails
18. she understands about the boot fever and overstock.com
19. that one time she slapped a boy for tickling her
20. she lets me practice my child skills on her ninos
21. she names things after celebrities with me
22. that one time in the hotel room with Heavyweights on the TV
23. she's always striving to set goals & be better
24. she sees purpose and reason in everything
25. she understands about being tender and crying easily
26. case in point, she's maybe crying right now
27. she's my go-to adviser on all things healthy and hippie-related
28. that one time she lied to a guy about her ability to break dance
29. she always gives me the most thoughtful gifts, like this and (most recently) this
and there you have it. it was incredibly easy to compile that list, no lie.
and i didn't even get around to mentioning her polynesian dancing...
in any case, happy you-day, eldest sister! here's to your last year in the land of 20s!