well hey there! i've been tagged by both katie and alexis in this "share 11 random things about me" blog trend. so here we go!
1. i generally drink almond milk, not regular milk. if i do drink regular milk, i prefer whole milk. so, i hit both ends of the extreme with that one.
2. i have a (debatably) irrational phobia of whales and other large sea creatures. (like really, i lose feeling in my arms and feel very anxious and slightly hysterical at the idea of being anywhere near shamu's tank. these are legitimate phobia symptoms.)
3. i shave my legs every day. i don't feel clean if i have hairy legs.
4. i'm ticklish to the point of it being inappropriate. (e.g., i have to point the AC vents a certain way in the car so the blowing air doesn't tickle my neck.)
5. i once won a trophy for having a good personality. it might be because i once rode through the student center on roller blades because it was the most direct route to get to work. (also maybe i did that more than once.) see here i am, SUU Personality of the Year 2008...
6. when i dip a french fry in ketchup, i compulsively dip it about 5 times before eating it. i do not know why...hence the term "compulsion."
7. i am a professional writer, and that makes me feel like a character in a chick flick. i'm surprised all the time that this is my legitimate career. "i'm a writer." see? it even sounds cool.
8. i got my bachelor's degree in marriage, family & human development. i know, it's irrelevant to my career. BUT...it's totally relevant to life! i adored my field of study and will talk your ear off about it if you let me.
speaking of relevant, here's a picture of my new sandals:
[courtesy of the illustrious Target]
9. i run my own service organization. basically i plan 1-2 projects a month with nonprofits in the phoenix area, and then i recruit volunteers to come to said projects. if you're in AZ, check it out on facebook. i would love to have you at a future project!
10. i always sleep with at least one hand touching or near my face. i swear this must relate back to my time in the womb.
11. i have a passion for colorful, quirky, slightly mismatched clothing, which made for a verrrry awkward phase as an emerging pre-teen...until that style recently became cool, and now i feel awesome.
awesome enough to wear a shirt with horses on it? YES.
i also have a deep and abiding love for the color gray, when i'm not in the mood to be dressed like Penelope.
i think a perfect gift would be several pairs of solid gray socks.
i feel like i don't know who reads my blog that hasn't done this yet?
so i tag all of you who haven't done it!
yes i'm aware that's a cop-out but whatcanyado,