okay...hold. the. smart. phone.
have you guys heard about self-driving cars?
and they're legal for testing in CA, NV and FL.
and will likely be available to the public in the next 5 years.
we're talking, like a smartphone as a vehicle.
radar sensors, video cameras, artificial intelligence software, etc.
wait, is that safe?
apparently, it's safer than human drivers.
in fact, there's been...zero accidents.
and it's predicted that it could lower accidents by as much as 80%
other good things:
- could reduce the need for parking lots, if a car can drop you off and go give someone else a ride
- excellent option for blind or handicapped people
- can lessen traffic jams by automating traffic flow
- less danger from drunk drivers
- safe multi-tasking during a commute or road trip
i mean, it's all pretty hooverdam amazing.
imagine someday when our grandchildren think we're old and outdated because we drove our own cars.
also, this all makes me think of herbie.
and that one time when squidward was overwhelmed by the future.
would you ride in a self-driving car?
i would definitely take naps during my commute,